The Rise of Unhappiness...an issue requiring action NOW!Jul 28, 2022
Have you seen Gallup's new 2022 Workplace Report and book on the global rise of unhappiness?
Would it surprise you to know Gallup found the following?
- 3.3 billion people want a great job, but only 300 million have one
- 2 billion people are struggling on their current income
- Over 1 billion people are so dissatisfied with their community they want to leave it forever
- In 2020, 3 in 10 people worldwide experienced food insecurity
- Over 300 million people don't have a single friend
- Employee stress is at a new all-time high
- The economy loses trillions to low engagement
- Negative emotions have been rising for over a decade...
Although the existence of these issues did not surprise me, the extent of them certainly did. I, myself, experienced the massive impact of increased negative emotions throughout 2020 and 2021. I've seen and heard firsthand people who are truly struggling to exist in the world today including in their workplaces. I could sense these issues were getting worse, not better, and it's one of the biggest reasons I wrote my book, The Exceptional Life R-Evolution, and started my business Evolving to Exceptional.
The time for action is now, it is time to evolve our workplaces from where they are today into something that creates a more positive impact on humanity. Evolving Workplaces that see their people, care for their people, care about people everywhere, and make decisions based in what is best for people.
You might notice I am using the word 'people' and not 'employees'. I think sometimes when we use the word 'employee,' it can have a negative effect.
- It allows us to think of only the part of a person that is an employee (and disregard the mom, wife, artist, athlete, adventurer).
- It takes people and puts them into a new category of 'employees' which might be considered a resource much like 'inventory' or 'assets' or 'buildings.'
- Employees become a line-item expense just like pens, computers, and products.
But people are so much more than inventory, assets, buildings, pens, computers, and products. People, human beings, are (or should be) the reason our workplaces exist in the first place. Our workplaces should exist to be supporting, enhancing, or improving the human experience. We as people, humans, do not (or should not) exist to be serving our workplaces. We must use our workplaces to positively impact people - in what we do, what we create, what we sell, what we distribute, what we service.
If our work does not in some way positively impact people, humanity, then we must ask the very serious question of why we are spending time doing it all.
If we are not positively creating greater experiences for people, then we are failing as a society. Gallup's report to me indicates we are failing a massive number of people on this earth. I believe we can do better. I believe we have the resources to do so, should we so choose. I believe everyone deserves to live an exceptional life - filled with exceptional experiences. An exceptional life does not mean a perfect life or a life free of challenge. Instead, it means living life intentionally as a journey where you can create more exceptional experiences along the way - experiences filled with more joy, peace and happiness.
We know from Gallup's report we are failing to improve happiness in the world. We are failing people. Let's start evolving our workplaces, homes and communities to create more exceptional experiences.
- Workplaces - How can you create an exceptional experience for your people? What are you doing to support your people in reaching peak performance so they can be more fulfilled, energized, satisfied, and happy?
- Homes - How can we create exceptional experiences in our families? What are we doing to intentionally evolve our families to create more joy, peace, and happiness within our family?
- Communities - How can we create more exceptional experiences in our communities? What are we doing to intentionally create the support networks and resources to spread more connection and thereby create more positivity, interaction, and happiness in our community?
Do you want to join The Exceptional Life R-Evolution? A revolution of people who are evolving to reach peak performance and create exceptional experiences in their workplaces, homes and communities. Get started today by choosing to learn how you can begin evolving yourself, your workplace, your family, or your community!
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and comments! What are you doing already? What do you think we need to do to evolve and improve our workplaces, homes, and communities?
To get you started here are some resources Evolving to Exceptional has to offer:
- Take our FREE course on Creating Exceptional Work & Life Experiences
- Purchase and read the book The Exceptional Life R-Evolution - available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Audible. You get a free workbook and course with the purchase of the book!
- Check out our Free Resources page for workbooks and guides to get you started.
- Check out our Peak Performance Certification Program
- Listen to the Evolving to Exceptional Podcast to hear our series on "Evolving Workplaces" from the old corporate machines of the past into new living beings!
- Get the first few chapters of my New Book Fiercely Cherished Beings for Free. E-Book available for pre-sale now on Amazon, paperback and audible will be available August 22, 2022!
Interested in Learning More?
To learn about NeuroPerformance and a neuroscience-based approach to living a better life sign up here!
Check out our Neuroscience of Self-Awareness free giveaways including an assessment, strategies handout, webinar, and more!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.